When most people think of cleaning their office space, the first thought is usually about sorting through stacks of paper and throwing away inkless pens. Even though being organized is important, it doesn’t help with maintaining a healthy immune system. With the help of a residential cleaning service like Pensacola Maid Service, a desk covered in post-it notes and a keyboard full of crumbs can be cleaned up and disinfected in no time. By regularly implementing some simple cleaning tips, employees will feel more organized, professional and healthy at work.
A typical desk is capable of supporting up to 10 million bacteria – 400 times more germs than the average toilet seat. Office telephones and keyboards are also packed with germs. Phones average 25,127 germs per square inch on the receiver and computer keyboards were found to support 3,295 germs per square inch.
Below are some tips from Pensacola Maid Service to help cubicles and desks stay organized and clean:
• Delete Particles From Your Keyboard: Make sure to shake out your keyboard to remove any loose crumbs or dust. A great way to loosen up the dust particles that fall in between the keys is by using canned air to force the particles out. Another tip to get between the keys is to dip a Q-Tip in disinfecting solution and then glide it over and in-between the keys.
• Move Your Mouse: We all know that over time the ball on your mouse slows down. Use tweezers to remove any buildup or lint that has accumulated.
• Computer Monitor: Use a microfiber cloth or a cotton cloth to dust your computer monitor. Remember to stay away from liquid cleaners when dusting your monitor; you don’t want to damage your monitor or create permanent streaks on your screen.
• Don’t Miss A Spot: Clean your office space or cubicle from top to bottom, moving left to right to ensure you don’t miss anything! Remember to always check the tops of picture frames and even underneath your mouse pad.
• Use Your Calendar: If you schedule a time in your Outlook Calendar with a reminder to clean your desk at the end of each week, you will begin to make it a habit and it will result in a healthier you.
Pensacola Maid Service offers 8 years of experience in residential and office cleaning in Pensacola, Florida. We specialize in keeping residential homes, vacation rental properties and offices clean and sanitized. Our outstanding reputation has expanded beyond Pensacola, as we serve everyone from Destin to Perdido Key. Expect a higher level of quality with Pensacola Maid Service. Our cleaners are specially trained with the most modern and effective cleaning techniques and only use the highest quality cleaning equipment. Call us now for a quick quote at 850-619-1665